Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center offers acute inpatient treatment for people over 18 with a primary behavioral or mental health issue, from depression to psychosis. Our individualized plans of care prioritize safety, crisis management, patient empowerment, and collaboration with outpatient treatment providers.
We Care About You.
Because we have only 10 beds and are fully-staffed at all times, we can offer you the personalized care you need. On top of that, all of our rooms are new and attractive, and are single-patient rooms—so you don't have to worry about privacy.
Our caring staff offers assessments and referrals to everyone who needs one—whether you're coming in from the ER or are a walk-in. The nurses who do the assessments are the same nurses who will be treating you in our center, so you can start building a rapport with them right away.
A Full Range of Services.
These are just some of the services we offer to our patients to help them get well—and get back to their lives:
- Medication Management: Our skilled staff makes sure you have the medications you need and that you know how to take them.
- Supportive Medical Care: Our goal is to help get you back on your feet through medication, therapy, in-patient services, education, and group support.
- Education Groups: We have experienced nurses who go over why, when, and how to take medication; nutrition experts who educate patients on eating healthfully; and a chaplain who leads groups on spirituality to help our patients get and stay well.
- Activities Therapy: This gets patients up and moving for social and athletic activities. We've even had bocce ball in the hallway! This helps patients who have a hard time getting out of their room socialize and feel like part of a community.
- Discharge Planning: When you're ready to go home, our staff will work with you to figure out how, where, and what else you need to go back to your family, job, and life.
- Behavior Modification: We identify the triggers that can bring on a relapse and help you find alternatives to those triggers.
- Group Therapy: The national standard for effective group therapy is eight to ten people. Since our hospital has ten beds, our group therapy sessions are at the optimal size to help you get the most out of them. We offer group therapy sessions all day long with short breaks in between so when you're ready to leave, you'll feel that you've gotten great care and treatment.
People Who Make a Difference.
The staff members at our new facility have many years of experience at other hospitals, and they put that experience to work to help you get well. Their number one concern is—you.